If your Cause doesn’t meet forgood’s requirements, you won’t be able to register with us. Here is some useful information on what you have to do to become compliant to work with us:
Information on legal entities (e.g. NPO vs NPC):
- The different legal forms for social enterprises. Download here.
- Forgood’s guide to compliance. Download here.
- How to register as an NPO at the Department of Social Development. Download here.
- How to register as an NPC at CIPC. Download here.
- Guide to Accounting Officer Engagements for NPO’s. Download here.
- Model Constitution for a Voluntary Association (with General Members). Download here.
- Sworn Affadavit – B-BBEE Exempted Micro Enterprise – specialised entity – General. (Sample B-BBEE affadavit for NPO’s). Download here.
All you need to know about SARS:
- Tax Clearance – this is a very important aspect of compliance. Please read our blog post here. If you have problems or questions get in touch with NPO Grow – firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I apply for Income Tax Exemption as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO)? Download here.
- Tax Exemption Guide for PBO’s in South Africa. Download here.
- Basic guide to Income Tax for Public Benefit Organisations. Download here.
- Basic guide to Tax Deductible Donations. Download here.
- VAT 414 Guide for Associations not for Gain and Welfare Organisations. Download here.
- Tax Complaince status. Download here.
Other resources on compliance:
- Codes of Good Practice for South African NPO’s. Sections include: Leadership & Management; Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation; Roles and responsibilities of Donors and Sponsors. Download here.
- NPO Risk Management & Governance. Includes a very helpful overview as well as a framework for Governance and Ethics. Download here.
- King IV Report. Explanation of Terms, Fundamental Concepts and distinguishing features of King IV. Download here.